Whatever your challenge – I can help!
About Me: Aprile Everitt
I have a passion towards getting children to love learning! To see their faces light up when they meet with success – any age – is a very rewarding experience.
After teaching for some time I elected to steer my path towards helping children with special needs. My passion grew and for 15 years I worked with children, parents and teachers supporting them in their child’s struggle to access the school curriculum. The success I got from working one-on-one with each child along with the support of the child’s teacher and parent was astounding. I loved it. I then went back to the classroom for 5 years and discovered the struggles teachers and parents have in providing that extra time needed by some children to achieve to their potential. And with the recent pressures of national standards upon teachers and students, I saw a real need to give children some one-on-one teacher time. Hence I started my business of one-on-one specialist teaching – not just a tutoring business but specialised teaching.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master of Arts in Education
- Bachelor of Education
- Diploma Teaching Students with Special Needs
- Diploma Resource Teacher Learning and Behaviour
- Higher Diploma Teaching & Diploma in Teaching
- 25 Years’ Experience in the Teaching Profession
- Deputy Principal, New Entrant Teacher
Resource Teacher Learning & Behaviour (RTLB) Primary & College experience
- Special Education Needs Coordinator in schools
- Experience & Workshops in Dyslexia, ADHD, Autism, Asperger’s, and many other syndromes that effect childrens’ learning
- Experience & workshops in working with children with Challenging Behaviours
- Counselling and Parenting skills experience