If you want to create a good impression in your writing and make sure you get your meaning across clearly, it’s important to get your spelling right.
Research bears out a strong relationship between spelling and writing: Writers who must think too hard about how to spell may restrict what they write to words they can spell, with inevitable loss of verbal power, or they may lose track of their thoughts when they get stuck trying to spell a word.
Research has also shown that learning to spell and learning to read rely on much of the same underlying knowledge — the relationships between letters and sounds.
My spelling programme supports this holistic view to spelling where learning to spell requires an integration of reading and writing.
I focus on:
- Basic sight words
- Letters and letter sound relationships
- Rhyme and word families
- Spelling patterns
- Dictation/spoken sounds
- Phonemic awareness (linking speech sounds with letter graphemes)
- Spelling rules
- Magnetic letters
- Multisensory activities
- Tactile, kinesthetics
- Reading and writing
- Provide strategies and tools for spelling
- Build Confidence and motivation
- Improve spelling skills and abilities
- Improve reading and writing